Queen Contest Rules for 2019
1) All contestants must be residents of Platte County, and shall be a resident of the state of Missouri for not less than six months immediately preceding July 16, 2019. Contestants must be citizens of the United States.
2) Contestants must not be less than 17 and no more than 22 years of age by September 1, 2019, and single. If a contestant has already competed at the State Fair two times, she will be ineligible.
3) Each contestant must have a sponsor. A sponsor can be an organization, business or an individual. A $50 sponsor fee is due at the time of application. (Checks- payable to the Platte County Fair Association.)
4) All Contestants must attend a public pageant and a personal interview session, which will be held on July 24, 2019. Each contestant will present a public performance, a speech or talent presentation.
5) Contestants will be judged on poise, appearance and personality within each category of competition.
6) The following scoring will be used:
Personal interview – 40%
Talent / Speech - 30%
Evening Wear - 20%
Extemporaneous Question – 10%
7) Miss Congeniality will be selected by a vote of all contestants (when there are more than five contestants).
8) The Queen will represent Platte County at the State Fair in Sedalia, Missouri in August.
9) The 2019 Queen will agree to be available to return in July 2020 to assist with the preliminary
competition and crown the new queen.
10) All entries should be in the hands of the contest director no later than July 16, 2019.
11) DUE TO LIMITED SPACE, WE CAN ONLY TAKE THE FIRST 20 ENTRIES.
MAKE SURE TO PRINT/FILL OUT BOTH FORMS.
Queen Contest Director:
18540 Hwy P
Weston, MO 64098